In celebration of reaching 400 followers, I'm hosting a nail art contest!
I am so excited about this, I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
"Good Enough to Eat"
Design a nail art manicure based off of food. It can be anything from Artichokes to Zucchini! If you can eat it, let it inspire you. Sushi? Spaghetti? Fruit? Soda? Hamburgers? Lets see what you come up with! Be clever and original.
(Personally I'm sick of seeing the cupcake manicures that have been floating around the blog-o-sphere. It was cute the first time, but please pick something else unless you can put a new twist on it.)
*edit* I added some details concerning questions I've received via e-mail. They appear in red.
Here are the rules:
- Open internationally!
- FREEHAND IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED! You all know I love freehanding, so I ask that you show me what you've got! Stamping is allowed but NO stickers or decals. (yes, you may use the technique of "making your own" sticker. painting on a plastic bag with polish, and then placing that image on your nail.)
- Your submitted design must be food related, of course!
- Nail art design must be on at least 4 finger nails.
- Design must be on actual nails. Acrylic is acceptable as long as they are attached to hands in the photo you send! I don't want to look at loose fingernails stuck to a pencil.... got it? Lol
- Please do not post your manicure on your own blog before I've posted all of the entries here.
- Each person may submit only one manicure.
- Deadline for entries to be submitted is June 20th! Hopefully a month is enough time to get your creative juices flowing!
How to submit your entry:
- Email me at the above address with a photo of your design. (2 photos maximum, but yes you can do multiple shots as long as they are collaged into one file attachment, and yes it's ok to watermark your photo)
- Include a brief message, if you like, about your design.
- Include your blog URL if you have one. Persons without a nail art blog are encouraged to submit designs as well! So don't hesitate just for that reason.
- Please include "Contest Entry" in the subject line.
- Include your 1st and 2nd choice of the prize packs you would like to receive if you are the winner.
Got a question about something I might have missed? Just e-mail me or leave a comment and I'll get you an answer.
After the deadline has passed I will post all of the entries here on my blog and a voting system will be in place.
Would you like to see what I've got as a sample entry?
I went with candy! M&M's to be specific.
*This design is dedicated to you Micah!*
(My brother-in-law works with M&M's! Thanks to him for providing today's props!)
Yes, I promptly ate all of these as I was typing this post.
I even did my toes to match! It was extremely difficult to get 12 white letter "m" to all look similar!
So now that you know what kind of contest this is, and hopefully got some ideas in mind.... What can you win?
After the deadline has passed and I've posted all of the entries, a voting system will determine the winner of "People's Choice." They will be able to take their pick of the following 4 prize packs:
1. Milani 3D Holographic collection (HD, Digital, Hi-Res, Hi-Tech, Cyberspace) and this incredibly cute two-finger ring from Beyond Rings!
(My polish in the picture is my franken dupe for Lippmann's Glitter in the Air, I'll post that later)
2. This set of 8 Goldie polishes that I showed you earlier in this post.
3. This cute bow & pearl bracelet from Forever 21, and a bead storage system which makes for a great solution to storing your rhinestones! I reviewed that in this post, and went back to buy a 2nd one for you guys!
4. This 15 piece set of nail art brushes! (I had to use the stock photo as they haven't shipped just yet) These brushes will be included with the purple bag pictured below.
Once the "People's Choice" winner has been chosen, I will post the remaining winners.
There are 3 secret categories you could win, even if you don't get the most votes! These winners with be determined following consideration by a peer review board, aka my family ;)
What are you waiting for?! Start submitting! I want LOTS of entries!Pin It